These tacos are a real treat and a real fiesta!
If you already have the tortillas ready, then join me in this episode and learn how to make these delicious vegan pulled pork style BBQ jack fruit tacos. Hold onto your sombrero because these tacos are too easy to make, you’ll want these for more than just taco Tuesdays.
6 corn tortillas
1 tsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
1 can jack fruit
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
optional hot sauce
1. Heat up a large skillet or frying pan on medium high heat and brush thinly with 1 tsp of oil
2. When the pan is nice and hot, place in the tortillas and cook for about 45 seconds to 1min on each side (be sure to open a window or have a fan on as it can get a little smoky). Repeat for all the tortillas and place them on a plate covered with a towel to prevent them from drying out
3. Squeeze out the excess liquid from the jack fruit and flake it into a bowl
4. Heat up a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil
5. Add in the jack fruit and sauté for 2-3min. Then the BBQ sauce and sauté for 3-4min
6. Plate up the tortillas 3 to a plate
7. Assemble the tacos with thinly shredded purple cabbage, thinly shredded Brussels sprouts, the BBQ jack fruit, fresh pineapple chunks, fresh cilantro, and optional hot sauce to give it a good kick to this delicious tacos!